If you want to make pancakes at home, it’s essential that you get the best pan for crepes. A good crepe pan will have a non-stick surface, making it easy to flip your pancakes without sticking to the pan.
It will also distribute heat evenly, so your crepes cook beautifully. Some crepe pans are crafted from cast iron, which is known for its responsiveness to temperature.
Best Crepes Pans Ratings
What is a pan for crepes?
A pan for crepes is a special frying pan designed to cook crepes. It allows you to spread batter thinly and evenly, while it heats up evenly so that the crepes are perfectly cooked on both sides.
A good pan for crepes should be made of carbon steel, which is a durable material that can be used on all types of cooktops. It should also be seasoned properly before you start using it, as this will help it last longer and perform better.
The best pan for crepes will also be able to handle high heat without burning the bottom of the crepe. This is important for making a crepe that is crispy on the outside and soft in the center.
You should always check the temperature of your pan before you pour in the batter, as it will affect how much the crepe will cook and become crispy. A thermometer can help you measure this.
Once your pan is hot, add a little butter and then pour in the crepe batter. You should tilt and swirl the pan so that the batter stretches as far as possible. Once the batter starts to set, it will be ready to flip over.
Crepes are a popular breakfast food, but they can be enjoyed throughout the day as well. They are a versatile dish that can be stuffed with many different kinds of fillings. Some of the most common options include Nutella and whipped cream, but you can also put anything from strawberries to bacon inside.
Benefits of pan for crepes?
A crepe pan is a special piece of cookware that is used for making thin and delicious crepes. Whether you want to make savory or sweet crepes, the right pan can help you achieve perfect results.
A great pan for crepes can provide many benefits, including heat distribution and a nonstick surface that prevents food from sticking. Choosing the best pan for crepes also helps you prepare this breakfast treat more quickly and easily.
Crepe pans are available in a variety of sizes and shapes, so it’s important to choose the one that will best suit your cooking needs. Ideally, the size of your pan should be no smaller than 20cm in diameter and no larger than 26cm, as this will ensure that your crepes cook evenly on the surface.
It’s also important to consider the construction of the pan you’re buying. Ideally, you’ll want a metal or a cast iron pan that’s non-reactive and easy to clean.
The best pan for crepes should also be lightweight and easy to handle. This is particularly important if you’re going to be flipping the crepes, as they may break if you’re not careful.
If you’re looking for a good quality pan that will last, the Prestige Eco Pan is a fantastic option. It’s PFOA and palm oil-free, so it’s good for you and the planet, too. The pan is also lightweight and non-stick, so it’s easy to flip the crepes.
Why use the best pan for crepes?
Crepes are a delicate dish that can be enjoyed as breakfast, dinner or dessert. They come in a wide variety of fillings and toppings, which makes them extremely versatile. But they require a few key tricks to be made perfectly, and the best pan for crepes will ensure that you get a consistent and tasty result every time.
First, you need a pan with low sides to get under the crepe or French omelet without destroying it. This is especially important when making crepes with chunky fillings or savory sauces.
Second, you want a pan that is nonstick for easy cleaning. You can choose from a wide range of nonstick crepe pans, but you might want to invest in a premium model for optimal cleanability.
Third, you need a pan that is large enough to accommodate all of the different crepe fillings and toppings. While a smaller pan can be fine for simpler fillings, if you plan on making a larger batch of crepes with more complex ingredients or toppings, a 10-inch crepe pan is recommended.
Fourth, you need a pan that is lightweight for easy handling. Generally, a cast iron crepe pan will be the best option for this purpose.
While the cost of a cast iron crepe pan may be a little more than a stainless steel or aluminum model, it is well worth the investment for a long-lasting, high-quality pan that will last you for many years.
Types of Crepes Pan?
Crepes are a light, thin pancake that can be filled with any number of delicious fillings. They make a great brunch or dessert item, and they are also an excellent starter for dinner parties. Whether you serve them with savory or sweet fillings, they’re an easy and fun meal to prepare.
However, a good pan for crepes is essential for making them properly. You should look for one that’s durable, doesn’t contain toxic chemicals, and is safe to use on oven and induction cooktops.
When it comes to materials, traditional French carbon steel is a popular choice. It is superior to other nonstick pans because it heats evenly, which prevents hot spots from forming. It also enables a long preheating and is highly resistant to warping.
It’s also easy to clean, and it is dishwasher-safe. The only drawback is that it can get hot and it should be treated with care to maintain its nonstick coating.
The next best option is a nonstick frying pan with low sides that make it easier to flip the crepes without damaging them. It’s a great option for first-time crepe makers, and it’s also inexpensive.
You can find these crepe pans in a wide range of price points, and they come in various shapes and sizes. Some of them even have rubber feet to keep the pan stable while you’re cooking. These pans are a great addition to your kitchen collection and are perfect for beginners and experts alike.
Reviews of 9 the Best Crepes Pans in 2023
Crepes pans come in a variety of shapes and sizes, ranging from small, single-serving pans to large, family-sized pans. To help you make the best choice for your needs, we’ve rounded up some of the top crepes pans on the market today.
Here are 9 of our favorite picks for best pan for crepe:
1. Crepe Pan with Spreader by Checkered Chef – This 9 ½ inch pan is made of heavy duty stainless steel with an aluminum disc bottom that ensures even heat distribution while cooking. It also comes with an easy-to-use silicone spreader which eliminates the hassle and mess of spreading batter with a traditional spatula.
2. Lodge Pro Logic Cast Iron Crepe Pan – This 10 inch pre-seasoned cast iron pan is perfect for pancakes, crepes or flatbreads. It heats evenly and retains heat well, making it a great choice for making lots of crepes at once.
3. Scanpan Classic Crepe Pan – This non-stick 9 ½ inch pan offers easy crepes that come out perfectly cooked every time. The heavy gauge aluminum construction ensures even heat distribution and efficient cooking results.
4. Anolon Advanced Nonstick Crepe Pan – This 12 inch crepe pan is made from heavy gauge hard-anodized aluminum with a PFOA free nonstick surface that won’t flake or peel away over time. The ergonomic stainless steel handle stays cool while cooking and provides a secure grip.
5. All-Clad Nonstick Crepe Pan – This 8 inch pan is made of hard anodized aluminum with a PFOA free nonstick interior that resists sticking, even when making delicate crepes or thin pancakes. The stainless steel handle remains cool during cooking for comfortable handling.
6. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Crepe Pan – This 10-inch pan features a heavy gauge aluminum construction with a thick base for improved heat retention and distribution as you cook. The Quantanium nonstick coating ensures perfect crepes every time without the mess of scrapers or flippers!
7. T-fal Professional Total Nonstick Crepe Pan – This 12 inch non-stick pan heats quickly and evenly, making it perfect for cooking delicious crepes. The interior is made of Teflon Platinum Pro nonstick material that is metal utensil safe and won’t flake or peel away over time.
8. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Nonstick Crepe Pan – This 12 inch pan features a heavy gauge anodized aluminum construction with an ultra-durable copper layer to provide even heat distribution as you cook. The PFOA free nonstick surface resists sticking and makes cleanup easy.
9. GreenPan Venice Pro Ceramic Non-Stick Crepe Pan – This 9 ½ inch ceramic crepe pan offers superior performance in a lightweight design. The Thermolon ceramic non-stick coating is PFOA and PFAS free, and offers superior heat transfer for a perfect crepe or pancake every time.
How to use pan for crepes?
Crepes are delicate French-style pancakes made without leavener like baking powder or soda. They’re thin as lace with irresistible buttery crisp edges and are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner with a variety of fillings and toppings.
A basic crepe batter calls for eggs, flour, milk or water and salt. It’s a whisked mixture that should rest for at least an hour before you use it.
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into a heated pan or onto the surface of an electric crepe maker, then swirl and move it quickly across the bottom of the pan as it cooks. This will create an even layer of batter that will cook evenly on both sides.
Let each crepe cook for 1 to 2 minutes on one side, then flip it over with a metal spatula. Repeat this until the entire batter is used up.
Once you’ve gotten the hang of it, you can make crepes almost any time of day. Whether you’re making them for a brunch or dinner, they’re a treat that everyone will enjoy.
If you’re going to be making a lot of crepes, get a nonstick pan that is specially designed for this type of cooking. It will save you a lot of time, and cleanup will be a breeze, since the nonstick material won’t burn or stick to the pan.
If you’re serious about crepes, you should invest in the best pan for crepe. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but it should be durable and easy to maintain.
The best crepe pans are made from heavy cast iron, fully clad carbon steel, or a combination of both. Heavy cast iron is great for evenly distributing heat and it also develops a nonstick patina over time that makes it a long-lasting option.
Carbon steel is also a good choice for crepes, but it doesn’t conduct heat as well as cast iron. Its thinner construction means it may not be able to conduct as much heat as a cast iron pan, so you might need to cook your crepes a bit more slowly.
For the best, nonstick crepe pans that are easy to clean and maintain, look for one with a PFOA-free coating and a lifetime warranty. You should also choose a nonstick crepe pan with a shallow lip so that you can easily flip your pancakes without damaging the surface.